Nike’s innovative Epic React Flyknit silhouette is set to arrive in a Middle East-inspired colourway and will be one of the most limited pairs of sneakers to be released this year.
The special edition sneaker was designed by Lebanese designer Ali Cha’aban, who is based in Saudi Arabia, who took inspiration from the streets of his home country.
The pre-dominantly white sneaker will feature metallic gold gradients on the midsole, lace eyelets and Swoosh to give the pair a sand effect.
Bold blue detailing in Arabic can also be found embroidered on the front sides of the shoe, giving the shoe an added contrast.
The biggest twist with regards to the release isn’t only that it will be limited to 30 pairs or that it’s limited to Saudi Arabia and UAE residents.
The make them even harder to cop, interested sneakerheads will have to complete two night runs between 6am and 6pm of at least 2km before June 14 while using the Nike+ Run Club app to stand a chance to score the shoes.
Take a closer look at the pair below.[caption id="attachment_13856" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Image: Ali Cha’aban[/caption] [caption id="attachment_13855" align="alignnone" width="1080"] Image: Ali Cha’aban[/caption]
As we fast approach LGBT Pride Month this June, labels are showing their support by introducing special edition lineups.
This year, in addition to a variety of silhouettes, adidas is giving the I-5923 (formerly known as the Iniki) the rainbow treatment in pastel hues.[caption id="attachment_13777" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Image: END. Clothing[/caption]
Matched with premium suede on its uppers, the brand new colourway is a winning combination.
In addition to the colour-filled overlays, the iconic adidas Trefoil logo is also going to be decked out in a rainbow spectrum to celebrate the occasion.[caption id="attachment_13776" align="alignnone" width="1024"] Image: END. Clothing[/caption]
The raffle for the shoes is now live on END. Launches, giving you a chance to purchase the shoes if you’re selected.
For Singapore customers, will pair will be priced at S$165, before the S$32 shipping fee.
Check out the raffle here.
Sneaker Pimps returned to Singapore last weekend, displaying some of the most prized sneakers that Singaporeans had to offer at the event’s exhibition section.
Sneakerheads from all over Singapore assembled at Savourworld to mark its debut and to cherish the love for sneakers over the years.
While the exhibition had a lot to offer, attendees were the ones who brought the real heat to the show and we caught some of the best on camera.
Here are some of the best sneakers we spotted at Sneaker Pimps Singapore 2018
1) ACRONYM x Nike Air VaporMax Moc 2 “Thirsty Bandit”[caption id="attachment_13691" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
2) Sean Wotherspoon x Nike Air Max 97/1[caption id="attachment_13692" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
3) atmos x Nike Air Max 1 “Elephant”[caption id="attachment_13693" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
4) atmos x Nike Air Max 1 Supreme “Animal Pack”[caption id="attachment_13694" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
5) Off-White x Nike Air VaporMax “White”[caption id="attachment_13695" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
6) Off-White x Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star Hi[caption id="attachment_13696" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
7) Off-White x Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro High “Chicago”[caption id="attachment_13697" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
8) Bape x adidas NMD R1 “Olive Camo”[caption id="attachment_13698" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
9) Balenciaga Triple S “Black Red”[caption id="attachment_13699" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
10) Nike SB Dunk Low “What The Dunk”[caption id="attachment_13700" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
11) Diamond Supply Co. x Nike SB Dunk Low “Tiffany”[caption id="attachment_13701" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
12) Nike Air Mag[caption id="attachment_13702" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
13) Supreme x Nike Air More Uptempo “Gold”[caption id="attachment_13704" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
14) Air Jordan 1 Retro High “Fragment”[caption id="attachment_13708" align="alignnone" width="819"] Justinn Lim[/caption]
Star Wars and Bata Heritage are launching their upcoming sneaker collaboration later this week and to celebrate, Sole Superior is hosting an exclusive giveaway for its followers.
The collection, which is exclusive Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines and Thailand, will be dropping at ION Orchard from May 4-6, consisting of pairs from both the Bata Tennis and Bata Bullets lines.
Only 3,000 pairs will be available worldwide, making a must-cop for any Star Wars sneaker fans out there.
To win a complete set of the Star Wars x Bata Tennis models, dressed up in R2D2, Darth Vader and Stormtrooper aesthetics, simply:
- Follow @bataheritage and @solesuperiorsg on Instagram
- Report the contest post below on your Instagram feed with the hashtags #batastarwars, #bataheritage, #batatennis and #batabullets
- Tag 3 friends that love Star Wars to accompany you to ION Orchard for the launch this weekend
The contest ends on May 3, so act fast and make yourself available from May 4-6 to visit the pop-up store.
For a closer look at the Star Wars x Bata Heritage 2018 collection, check out our feature here.
Reebok has partnered with Atlanta-based creatives LVRN (LoveRenaissance) and FKRO Rico to continue its line of 3:AM sneakers, to celebrate the spark of creativity and inspiration that come in the early morning hours.
For the collection, Reebok chose its Classic Leather and Club C silhouettes, giving the capsule a retro vibe and vintage-inspired aesthetics.
Oversized upside-down Reebok logos can be found throughout the collection alongside LVRN’s branding on a collection that is made up mostly of white sneakers.
The collection will also come with matching apparel to complement the vintage look of the shoes.
The capsule drops in the US on April 26 and will be available on Reebok.com and Footlocker.
The world’s first and largest travelling sneaker show since 2002 is making its return to Singapore this May.
Sneaker Pimps Singapore, presented by Collective Minds and Sole Superior, will feature over 500 rare, vintage and limited edition sneakers under one roof.
The event will also be a great chance to check out exclusive sneaker-inspired art, fashion and photography not found anywhere else.
For those looking to spend some cash, there will be a buy-sell-trade area with local labels as a highlight, so don’t miss out.
Founded in 2002 by Peter Fahey in Sydney, Australia, Sneaker Pimps has taken on a life of its own having toured the world over 40 times and produced more than 500 shows in over 63 major cities.
Besides Singapore, Sneaker Pimps will also be making stops in Ho Chi Minh, Bangkok, Jakarta and Tokyo during its tour in Asia.
The event will take place at SPACE, Savourworld Singapore from 11am to 7pm on May 19. Tickets will go for $15 (advance) and $20 (at-the-door).
For more info, check out Sneaker Pimp Singapore’s Facebook event page.
The sneaker scene of today is undeniably obsessed with the latest hype, but sometimes you need to mix and match to keep things fresh without breaking the bank.
The Sole Brother, a brand new pop-up store in Marina Square, aims to solve your rotation needs while keeping prices reasonable.
If you’re feeling sceptical, The Sole Brother isn’t your typical discount footwear store. The bro’s carefully selected drops consist of fashionable classics including the adidas Iniki and EQT range, Nike Air Max and Dunk Flyknits, Reebok Club and Puma Suede Classic.
Besides sneakers, The Sole Brother will hook you up with trendy apparels from Nike, adidas and Under Armour, as well as the popular street photography community Team Cozy.
Apparel prices start at S$20 while sneakers start at S$60, up to S$200.
For a closer look at some pretty dope shoes going for cheap at The Sole Brother, check them out below.
1) adidas EQT Support RF Primeknit (40% off)[caption id="attachment_13012" align="alignnone" width="1000"] Image: The Sole Brother[/caption]
Original Price: S$239
The Sole Bro Price: S$143.40
2) Nike Air Max Thea Ultra Flyknit (40% off)[caption id="attachment_13013" align="alignnone" width="1000"] Image: The Sole Brother[/caption]
Original Price: S$229
The Sole Bro Price: S$137.40
3) adidas Iniki Runner (40% off)[caption id="attachment_13014" align="alignnone" width="1000"] Image: The Sole Brother[/caption]
Original Price: S$189
The Sole Bro Price: S$113.40
4) Puma Suede (50% off)[caption id="attachment_13015" align="alignnone" width="1000"] Image: The Sole Brother[/caption]
Original Price: S$129
The Sole Bro Price: S$64.50
5) Reebok Club C85 (50% off)[caption id="attachment_13016" align="alignnone" width="1000"] Image: The Sole Brother[/caption]
Original Price: S$119
The Sole Bro Price: S$59.50
6) Nike Dunk Flyknit (40% off)[caption id="attachment_13017" align="alignnone" width="1000"] Image: The Sole Brother[/caption]
Original Price: S$199
The Sole Bro Price: S$119.40
Let’s a lot more from where this came from, so if you can’t pass up on a good deal, be sure to check out The Sole Brother’s three-month pop-up at Marina Square (#02-176).
While Bata often gets associated with white school shoes, the company has been making strides in producing exceptionally stylish footwear for the new sneaker-wearing generation and its latest Star Wars collaboration cements its place in today’s sneaker world.
The Star Wars x Bata Heritage capsule collection will feature characters we know and love on the classic Bata Bullets and Tennis silhouettes. Both sneaker silhouettes are iconic in their own right and make the perfect backdrop for this year’s Star Wars Celebration on May the 4th.
The Bata Bullets, for instance, was first introduced in 1964 as a basketball shoe for the Baltimore Bullets and was later relaunched in 2016 just as ‘retro’ became cool again. The Bata Tennis, on the other hand, has been around even longer when it was first manufactured in 1936 for school children in India to wear for P.E.
For the collaboration, the Bullets will come in either white or black, representing the light and dark side of the Force. Light sabers can be found at the back of the shoe to truly give it the Star Wars edge.
The Bata Tennis will take on three variants, each featuring tri-coloured graphics of Darth Vader, R2D2 and the Storm Trooper respectively.
The Star Wars x Bata Heritage SS18 Collection will arrive in Singapore via a curated pop-up store at ION Orchard (Basement 4) from May 4 to May 6, 2018, between 11am to 9pm. The collection will also be available online at bataheritage.com on the same day.
For a closer look at the entire collection, check them out below.
Local sneaker retailer STAR360 is pulling out all the stops this Saturday (April 14) to celebrate the opening of its brand new outlet at Suntec City.
For starters, Mark Ong aka Mr Sabotage (SBTG) will be on deck along with his team to customise and personalise any pair of sneakers purchased between 1pm to 5pm.
Lucky attendees will also stand a chance to win a free pair of shoes (worth up to S$169) when they take on the ‘Spin & Win’ wheel at the event.
There will also be $10 vouchers up for grabs in the Live Lucky Draw. To stand a chance of winning, take a photo at the photo booth and post it on your Instagram account. Three lucky winners will be announced every hour.
While you’re there, enjoy a free sneaker cleaning service by Jason Markk simply by following @star360global on Instagram.
Last but not least, STAR360 is giving all attendees 15% storewide from 1pm to 5pm on the day, so you really have no excuse not to be there.
The new store features a fresh new look with sleek industrial aesthetics throughout and is certainly worth a visit to get your sneaker needs satisfied. Brands carried at the store include adidas, Nike, Puma, Onitsuka Tiger, ASICS, Patrick, Spingle, Birkenstock, Happy Socks, OBEY and more.
Be sure to visit the new STAR360 outlet in Suntec on April 14. For more details, refer to the official Facebook event page here.
The all-new STAR360 is located at #01-376/377, West Wing (near the Convention Centre) at Suntec City.